So far, the whole hostel thing has been... alright. I think it would be better if I had more hosteling experience, and was more outgoing. I do just fine in social situations when I get dragged into them, but I certainly don't go out of my way to create them. It would also help if I didn't have to get up early tomorrow for my bus to Edinburgh; the hostel employees planned out a pub crawl for tonight. As fun as that would have been, I'd prefer to be functional tomorrow.
A copy of the physical journal I kept on my trip to Europe in September and October 2010. It should help fill in some of the gaps of the blog for the trip, www.dlbtravelblog.blogspot.com.
15 September 2010
London, England
Ow. Just... ow. Google maps estimated that I walked almost 12 miles over the course of about 8.5 hours today. I'm sure that's a bit low though, because it doesn't include on-site walking (mostly @ the Tower of London & British Library), and I'm sure they picked a more efficient route than I did. Now that I think about it though, I think (that's right, I can think while I'm thinking... how's that for multi-tasking?) that might have been based on driving rather than walking. I blame global warming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment